The Barrel House was originally built in 1906 as a classic saloon and hotel. Over the years the name and clientele of the establishment has changed, most recently known as the "notorious" Blue Banjo.
In the fall of 2001, the Blue Banjo was closed for good. In April of 2002, the Barrel House was born as Yakima's premier wine bar and restaurant. However, there are still bits and pieces of history left within the building. Some of the historical treasures include the tin pressed ceiling, the large safe used by the cowboys of that time to keep their guns and money in while they had a visit from the ladies upstairs, and we believe the largest urinal in the State of Washington. (maybe the world?)
The Barrel House has become the place to enjoy delicious cuisine, a vast selection of Yakima Valley/Washington wines, a variety of local microbrews in a casual atmosphere where service is a priority.